I managed to sit at my craft table for a little while this weekend, and here's what I came up with! I love the whole image panel so much I just decided to let it be the focal point of the card - no embellishments, no added dies, no nothing. This gorgeous stamp set by Andy Skinner for Stampendous is soooooooo stunning on its own, it just doesn't need anything else.
When I shared the sneak peek of it on Instagram (I was so excited that I managed to sit and craft for twenty minutes, I had to share) I got a super positive response (thanks everyone!) so I thought I'd explain how I made it:
1. Stamp tree using Memento LUXE ink (Rich Cocoa). Heat set w/ Stampendous clear embossing powder
2. Use stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp fence w/ LUXE ink (Toffee Crunch). Heat set w/ Stampendous clear embossing powder.
3. Add LUXE ink (Wedding Dress) w/ sponge dauber to bottom of card to create snow.
4. Add ink to card from outer edges toward middle to create dark sky (Memento Desert Sand, London Fog, Rich Cocoa)
5. Use Spectrum Noir pencil (001) to add snow to tree branch tops, fence rails. Use 112 & 114 to add shading where desired on ground.
5. Spray panel with irRESISTable texture spray (Wedding Dress).
6. Card base: emboss with Crafter's Companion Woodgrain Textures folder, add ink directly from Desert Sand ink pad.
Look how shiny the tree and fence are - love how it turned out. So glad to have a tiny bit of craft time - don't know when it will happen again! But I do need to get around to blogging a whole bunch of finished cards, lol. Stay tuned!