The Artists-in-Residence at IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® were challenged to create a red-white-and-blue themed project this month, so naturally I had to turn it into a Fourth of July card! Take a closer look at how I created this fun card:
I started by gathering my supplies:
- IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® StazOn® Solvent Ink full sized pads in Midnight Blue and Blazing Red
- IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento™ Dye Ink full sized pad in Tuxedo Black
- IMAGINE Crafts® Fireworks!™ Craft Spray in Lady Bug and Danube Blue
- card stock (Ultra Smooth White from Crafter's Companion US)
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Stampendous stamps (both retired)
I started by spraying the Fireworks!™ Craft Sprays in Lady Bug and Danube Blue on my white card stock. I set this panel aside while I worked on another piece of my project.
Blues: IB1, TB4 TB7, TB8
Reds: CR7, CR8, DR5
Yellow: CT2, CT4, GB5
Grey: IG1, IG2
Skin: FS2, FS3, FS9
After coloring, I used a craft knife to fussy cut the image out. Then I got to work on my acetate panel (which just would not cooperate for step-by-step photos). Here is the process I used to create that part of this card:
- stamp fireworks burst using StazOn® Solvent Ink full sized pads in Blazing Red
- repeatedly stamp star burst in StazOn® Solvent Ink full sized pads in Midnight Blue
- stamp single star images using StazOn® Solvent Ink full sized pads in Jet Black
- turn acetate over, use Spectrum Noir pens to color single star images as desired
I attached the acetate panel to my card using a large jeweled brad.
I stamped my sentiment using IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® VersaFine™ Archival Pigment Ink full sized pad in Onyx Black. I tied a ribbon around the card, and adhered the colored image on foam dots for added interest!