Stampendous has some seriously cool Steampunk stamps. I love the way the images look when you stamp them with Versamark ink, and then rub chalk over them - the effect is so cool! Here is a step-by-step look at how I created this card:
- Cut card base from Gecko card stock; cut smaller panels of Rosey and Coconut Cream panels.
- Cut smallest Coconut Cream card stock panel, flip to non-textured side and stamp Patent Man image using Rich Cocoa ink.
- Apply Brushed Corduroy ink to edges with a sponge.
- Using Versamark ink, stamp gears from Guys & Gears and Steampunk Gears sets randomly around edges of card.
- Apply chalk with fingertip until desired color is achieved.
- Adhere all panels to card base.
- Stamp sentiment from Guys & Gears set in lower right corner using Rich Cocoa ink.
- Finish card by tying cord around in a knot.
Stamps: Patent Man, Guys & Gears, Steampunk Gears (Stampendous)
Card Stock: Gecko, Rosey (Bazzill), Coconut Cream (Coredinations)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Versamark (Tsukineko); Brushed Corduroy (Ranger)
Coloring Medium: Sidewalk Chalk (Crayola)
Accessories: Cord (May Arts)