Ready for another challenge with the Stampendous team? Throughout the month of May we are challenging ourselves (and you) to get a head start on gifts for Mother's Day, end-of-the-year teacher gifts, graduations, and Father's Day by creating gifts, gift sets (could be cards, altered items, etc), gift card holders...anything you can give to someone special!
I whipped up a fun shaker gift tag using the Party Hat Kiddo, and filled it with Steel Blue, Lavender, Fresh Green, Silver, and Black Crushed Glass Glitters. I added a few Rose Color Fragments too! Stampendous Essentials are so awesome for fun projects like this. Here is a step-by-step of how I made it:
- Die cut tag base using Loganberry card stock Using smaller die template, die cut Kraft backing for shaker; die cut frame using Pirouette card stock; die cut White card stock for image.
- Using acetate, die cut panel for the inside of the frame.
- Stamp image using Tuxedo Black ink; color with Copics as desired. Adhere to Kraft panel.
- Adhere acetate to back of Pirouette frame; place foam tape around edges. With frame top-side down, sprinkle glass glitter and color fragments inside. Turn image panel over and place on foam tape. (note: you will be looking at the back of the Kraft panel at this point. Turn the whole thing over to see finished shaker box)
- Adhere shaker box to tag base; tie ribbon at top.
- optional: See my Paper Craft Planet tutorial
Be sure to check out what my Stampendous teammates have created for the gifts challenge today!
Stampendous products, but we sure love it when you do! As an extra incentive for playing along, one lucky crafter (drawn at random) will receive this fabulous new Cling Jumbo Tropical Garden stamp set:
Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address. We hope you have a chance to play along with us (you an enter as many times as you'd like!) this month...Happy Crafting!
Stamps: Party Hat Girl (Stampendous)
Card Stock: Swimming Pool, Pirouette, Kraft (Bazzill); White (Mohawk); Acetate (Stampendous)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring Medium: Copics
Accessories: Steel Blue, Lavender, Fresh Green, Silver, Black Crushed Glass Glitters, Rose Color Fragments (Stampendous); Ribbon (May Arts)
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities