Woohoo! It's the first Saturday in April, and that means the Stampendous team has a brand new challenge for you. This month, in honor of Earth Day, we are challenging ourselves (and you) to make something that uses product(s) that are recycled, repurposed, or reused in some way. The possibilities are endless! Snazz up a household item and turn it into something beautiful, use something unexpected on your card, or even just use up some scraps you've had in your stash forever (that's recycling, right?!?)
I'm sharing a card today that I made with a fabulous new stamp from Stampendous. It's available in select stores (find one now!) right now, and will be up on the website by the end of the month! It's called, simply, Conservatory; this Victorian style building is reminiscent of the Grand Exhibition, a lovely vintage image for Fran•táge greetings! Now, you may be looking at this and thinking "Hmmmm...what did she recycle on here?". Well, it's more like repurposed. I used coffee grounds to make my aged card stock. Here's what I did:
- Cut base from Rosey card stock
- Cut large panel from Artichoke card stock; distress edges and apply Walnut Stain ink directly from ink pad
- Cut small strip of patterned paper; sponge Brushed Corduroy ink on edges Spritz Birch paper with coffee water; sprinkle dry coffee grounds on top and allow to dry. When dry, stamp Conservatory image using Vintage Sepia ink; distress edges and apply Walnut Stain ink directly to them.
- Adhere Artichoke panel and patterned paper to card stock base; tie cord around in knot.
- Stamp small decorative flourish from Friendly Phrases set above patterned paper using Walnut Stain ink.
- Finish card by adhering Conservatory image.
Taylor Usry (you are here)
Don't forget - we want YOU to play along with is! You have until Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST to add your direct link to our collection below my signature (or on the Stampendous blog). You do not have to use Stampendous products, but we sure love it when you do! As an extra incentive for playing along, one lucky crafter (drawn at random) will receive this fabulous Mother's Love Perfectly Clear Stamp Set. Available in stores now, it will be on the website for purchase soon!
Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address. We hope you have a chance to play along with us (you an enter as many times as you'd like!) this month...Happy Crafting!
Stamps: Conservatory, Friendly Phrases
Card Stock: Rosey, Artichoke (Bazzill); Birch (Neenah)
Patterned Paper: CCP2376 (Canvas Corp)
Ink: Vintage Sepia (Versafine): Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Accessories: Brown Cord (May Arts)
Tools: spray bottle filled with coffee water, dry coffee grounds