This is the very last week for the April Challenge with the Stampendous team; this month we've been recycling, re-purposing, and reusing items on our cards. This card actually has two re-purposed elements on it. The panel with the embossing and mica fragments actually started out as part of another (completed) car, but as I was making this card I decided to take the other one apart and use it on here instead! And those two small stick pins stuck in the bow are from the bouquet my daughter carried down the aisle in my sister-in-law's wedding three years ago!
Here's how I made the card:
- Cut card base from Papyrus card stock; stamp large swirl from Cottage Rose set as desired on card stock.
- Cut two White panels (one for main image panel, one for extra panel) to desired size; cut Banana Bliss mats slightly larger.
- Stamp Daffodil Girl image on card stock using Rich Cocoa ink; color as desired. Add Peeled Paint and Faded Jeans ink to background with a sponge or similar tool. Sprinkle Aged Aqua Embossing Enamel on top portion of image (sky area); heat set from underneath. Sprinkle Shabby Green Embossing Enamel on lower portion (grass area) and heat set from underneath. Adhere to Banana Bliss card stock; set aside.
- Stamp Calligraphy Script image on White card stock using Vintage Sepia ink. Using a sponge, add Wild Honey, Tea Stain, and Walnut Stain inks as desired. Sprinkle Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel all over the panel and heat set from underneath. Sprinkle Deep Impressions Clear Embossing Powder in desired area; place color fragments and mica fragments on top and heat set from underneath. Adhere to Banana Bliss card stock.
- Adhere Calligraphy Script panel to base; tie May Arts ribbon in bow around them. Stick two corsage pins through the knot.
- Adhere Daffodil Girl panel to finish the card.
Here's a list of my wonderful Stampendous teammies playing along in the challenge today - you won't want to miss what they've whipped up! Also, be sure to stop by the Stampendous Impressions blog for all sorts of inspiration.
Taylor Usry (you are here)
Don't forget - we want YOU to play along in our monthly challenge! You have until Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST to add your direct link to our collection at the end of this post (or on the Stampendous blog). You do not have to use Stampendous products, but we sure love it when you do! As an extra incentive for playing along, one lucky crafter (drawn at random) will receive this fabulous Mother's Love Perfectly Clear Stamp Set. Available in stores now, it will be on the website for purchase soon!
Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address. We hope you have a chance to play along with us (you an enter as many times as you'd like!) this month...Happy Crafting!
Stamps: Daffodil Girl, Calligraphy Sampler, Cottage Rose (Stampendous)
Card Stock: Papyrus (WorldWin Treasures), Banana Bliss (Bazzill), White (Mohawk)
Ink: Wild Honey, Walnut Stain, Tea Stain, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans (Ranger); Rich Cocoa (Memento); Vintage Sepia (Versafine)
Coloring Medium: Copics
Accessories: Aged Aqua, Shabby Green, Shabby Pink Embossing Enamels; Deep Impressions Clear Embossing Powder; Chiffon Color Fragments, Tea Stained Mica Fragments (Stampendous); Ribbon (May Arts); Corsage Pins (Michael’s)
Tools: heat gun, sponge