I played along with the Inspiration Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers today. I was inspired by this Cake Topper to create this card. My colors were drawn from the color scheme of the site itself (that yummy pale rose pink) and the cake topper (the greens); of course the birds in the cage gave me the idea to use this gorgeous new Vintage Birdcage image from Stampendous paired with the nest and eggs from the Nest Egg set.
Here's how I did it:
- Cut card base from Olive card stock; cut large panel from Gecko card stock
- Cut large Cream card stock panel; stamp nest image from Nest Egg set in lower right corner. Sprinkle Aged Bronze Embossing Enamel on card stock; heat set from underneath. Apply Versamark ink directly from ink pad to the edges of card stock; sprinkle Aged Rose Embossing Enamel on and heat set from underneath. Apply Brushed Corduroy ink to edges (drag to just inside the embossed edges) using a sponge; wipe off embossed edge when finished. Adhere to large panel of Gecko card stock.
- Stamp Vintage Birdcage image on small Cream card stock panel using Rich Cocoa ink. Sponge Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy inks around edges; apply Walnut Stain ink directly from ink pad to edges. Adhere to slightly larger panel of Gecko card stock.
- Adhere all panels to card base. Tie May Arts ribbon around in an off-centered knot; slightly fray the edges.
- Stamp large egg image from Nest Egg set onto Cream card stock using Bamboo Leaves ink. Stamp the speckled egg overlay image using Versamark ink directly on top; apply Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel and heat set from underneath. Fussy cut and apply to card using foam tape for dimension.
Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address. We hope you have a chance to play along with us (you an enter as many times as you'd like!) this month...Happy Crafting!
Stamps: Vintage Birdcage Full, Nest Egg (Stampendous)
Card Stock: Olive, Gecko (Bazzill), Cream (Mohawk)
Ink: Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves (Memento); Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain (Ranger); Versamark
Accessories: Aged Bronze, Aged Rose, Aged Ivory Embossing Enamels (Stampendous); Ribbon (May Arts)
Tools: heat gun